Pages

About

Welcome to my blog!

My hobby is still paper-crafting. But for now, the majority of my blog will be to chronicle my war with my fat body until it is no longer fat & unhealthy.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Setting goals - YIKES!

How does one set a goal for something when you've never really set a goal before in your LIFE?!? Or, to be more accurate, I've set them, but I've never been very successful at achieving them. Myeh.

Goal - Get a journal so I have a way to track progress or lack thereof
Status - MET. Ryan ordered one for me as a birthday present before he left for Indiana on my birthday weekend (Dang, there goes my excuse for not tracking!)

Goal - Track food intake daily
Status - working on it, I don't succeed EVERY day, but I do usually get something written down or at least I did the first 4 or 5 weeks. Then I went through a lull where I didn't get anything written down. Now I'm back to writing things down again, but still not every day. So...NOT met.

Goal - Walk or some kind of exercise for at least 30 min. 3x/week
Status - Weeellll, I DID start out well. BUT, I didn't stick with it. My feet began hurting so badly I could hardly stand to put my weight on them. I have to come up with a different plan. I've found that walking beside our road or across uneven ground is KILLER on my feet, ankles, knees & hips. WAH!

Note to self: Check with Ryan to see if it's okay to change goals once in a while. I checked & he said, "yes."
Next note to self: Find a way to get activity that doesn't involve being on my feet.

Goal - Put up motivational pictures or sayings around the house, in the car, where ever I hang out.
Status - Um, sort of. I did do some, mostly verses of encouragement. I've purchased a couple of Mandisa CDs. I love her music. Especially Stronger, Good Morning & Overcomer. She's a great role model too, she's on her own weight journey.

Goal - Get some people to be accountable to. Ryan & Chad have been faithfully calling me every week since August to help me stay on track. David & Brooke have been encouraging me too & (drumroll please.......) because they will be making me a GRANDMOTHER in spring 2014, this has been a great reason for wanting to get healthier too. I want to be around to enjoy my grandchildren.

Meanwhile I was looking over some books & things on my bookshelf & came across 6 CD set called 10 Habits of Highly Effective People with Steven Covey; I started listening to the CD series & it was great. It was just the extra boost I needed to get moving forward. But more on that later. 


"Do or do not do. There is no try." - Yoda 

 



1 comment:

Joelline Oberlin said...

Keep it up, you can do it.