Pages

About

Welcome to my blog!

My hobby is still paper-crafting. But for now, the majority of my blog will be to chronicle my war with my fat body until it is no longer fat & unhealthy.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Get your Mojo 305 & SUO 76 Right Here!


I made this card with the 2 challenges above in mind & for Landon who is entering Kindergarten this fall.
He loves Despicable Me, so I think he'll get a kick out of this card! Handy too that the main character's name is Gru (grew)! Enjoy my fun with pun.

I wish the picture quality was a little better. I think I need either a different camera or some lessons on how to take better pictures!

The little Minion fellows were made using the large & small ticket punches & rounding the top corners. I used the vest from the Owl Builder punch for the bibs on the overalls. Gru is just a tall rectangle with the edges cut in 1/4" from top to bottom. Then you take the parts you trimmed off & invert them so that the widest portion is at the top to become arms. Mount them behind the body. The hands are the flower on the Boho Flower punch; the Minions are trimmed to have 3 fingers & Gru's are trimmed to 4 & 5 fingers (he's a mad scientist - I'm sure he blew off a finger somewhere along the way.) Gru's head is made from the largest Oval punch & then trimmed so that it's rounded up a little. The eyes for all of the characters are from the Owl builder punch.Gru's zipper on his coat & the zippers on the K are just white gel pen with criss-crosses drawn in, the trick to its looking good is to draw on your outer edges first. Gru's nose is just a triangle trimmed to fit his face. His scarf is another oval punch with stripes drawn on & that's about it for Gru & his Minion Crew. The little verse was something I made up, it's printed from my computer in Arial font. There is a little paper piercing in the corners of the gray & along the top & bottom of the yellow rectangle. Colors used were Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight & Pacific Point; Blushing Bride for Gru's face with Crumb Cake being used for the highlighting.

Layout is from Mojo Monday

Theme is from SU-Only Challenges - Back to School/Kards for Kids



4 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow!! What a wonderful Punch Art card and shows the versatility of our punches. Love all of the colors and the sentiment is perfect- thanks again for playing along wiht us at SUO Challlenges :-)

Connie said...

What fun...I'm not familiar with the movie, but looks really great! Thanks for playing along with the Kards for Kids challenge on SUO Challenges this week.

Deena Boos said...

What a fabulous card! You did a great job using punches! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Karen Barber said...

AMAZING card - you should pat yourself on the back for THIS one - WOW!!