Pages

About

Welcome to my blog!

My hobby is still paper-crafting. But for now, the majority of my blog will be to chronicle my war with my fat body until it is no longer fat & unhealthy.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Milk Paint" vases & matching flowers

A month or two ago in SU's bi-monthly demonstrator magazine, Stampin Connection, they had an article on how to paint clear vases so that they are colored. It's done using standard SU reinkers & white acrylic paint. Soooo easy & they really turned out cute. Then last week I watched a tutorial on  how to make coffee filter flowers that were also featured in one of the magazines. The next picture down was my first attempt. I was quite pleased with how they turned out. I used different methods to color the filters, all of them after I already had the flowers made. The first was just rubbing the ink pad around on the various surfaces of the flower, the 2nd was reinker put directly on a sponge & dabbed on the edges, the final one was spritzed using rubbing alcohol & reinker put in a spritzer tool & sprayed on the flower.







No comments: